cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:16 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Hi Folks!

Just wondering if anyone out there is tracking their fuel economy with their CBR 125? I've been tracking mine almost since I got it and what I'm seeing is a typical average of 88 MPG (UK). That's under basically permanent racing conditions though (beating the living daylights out of it) :biggrin:

BTW, I track the fuel consumption on my android phone with Fuel Log - a free app that's really well done.

So, what are you guys seeing for fuel economy on your 125's ?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:23 am 
Clutch Kit

Canada
fuelly.com is a website where people can enter their fillups and distances. this is for motorcycles and cars.
my best tank is 50km/l and least tank is 40km/l. this is still during breakin though..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 am 
sonny wrote:
fuelly.com is a website where people can enter their fillups and distances. this is for motorcycles and cars.
my best tank is 50km/l and least tank is 40km/l. this is still during breakin though..

That's 141 mpg (Imperial) and 113 mpg respectively. That's outstanding.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:53 am 
I've never really tracking my fuel economy for my 2011 CBR150R during regularly riding. But out on the highway, riding at around 100 km/hr (GPS) I usually net about between 92-95 mpg (Imperial). A few years ago, I did a fuel economy run completing a circuit out in the countryside that had a 60 km/hr speed limit. After about 150 kms of riding, that included a number of stop signs in the circuit, I filled up again, and calculated my fuel economy. It was 115 mpg (Imperial).

Mike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:56 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I can't wait to get the tune nailed down and then see what the numbers are with respect to fuel economy. My guess would be much higher numbers under light riding and considerably lower numbers when you beat it all day as it will now pour in as much fuel as is required for peak power. Time will tell, hopefully not too long - the new year's coming :ohmy:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:18 am 
Clutch Kit

Canada
GearDrivenCam wrote:
I've never really tracking my fuel economy for my 2011 CBR150R during regularly riding.

Mike

Mike:
pretty good numbers. how did you manage to get a cbr150r ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:32 pm 
sonny wrote:
GearDrivenCam wrote:
I've never really tracking my fuel economy for my 2011 CBR150R during regularly riding.

Mike

Mike:
pretty good numbers. how did you manage to get a cbr150r ?

From what I've gathered online - the fuel economy difference between the 150R and 125R is supposed to be negligible. Acquiring the engine was really a lucky event. As I'm sure you know - the only real difference between the CBR150R and the CBR125R is the 4-valve 149cc engine. And I already owned a 2011 CBR125R. So I knew the 149cc engine would just slip right in, and others confirmed this. When the 2011 iteration of the CBR150R became fuel injected, I sent some e-mails to a variety of vendors in Thailand to see if they had a spare 2011 CBR150R lying around their shop. xxx (owned by some ex-pat Brits) responded that they indeed had one, as they were using it to design an exhaust around, and it was currently just sitting idle in their shop. It wasn't cheap, as I had to purchase the entire bike and then have only the engine and necessary parts needed for the swap - shipped to me. I'm sure one could potentially get a used one for considerably cheaper now - if they had a contact there. I believe it was around $2200 (including shipping) at the time. And I received the engine in about 4 days! xxx were fantastic to deal with. A lot of people feel that this was the bike Honda should have imported into Canada in the first place. It's like a CBR125R on steroids. I suspect it has about 4 more hp at the rear wheel compared to the CBR125R. Of course - Marvin has his CBR125R tuned incredibly well. If I had to do it all over again - and couldn't source a 150R engine - I'd just try to mimic Marvin's setup.

Mike

Last edited by mmiller on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mentioning a competitor / advertising

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:02 am 
Clutch Kit

Canada
that's quite the story of how you got a 150 engine.,
seems like 100-200cc sized engines practically run the entire world.

i love the new choices in under 500cc bikes in Canada/USA.

cheers..!
Sonny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:25 am 
Clutch Springs

United Kingdom
well I not sure on my mpg

but I do 95% between 30-50mph and don't do high rpm and 5% upto 70mph high rpm in a month

I spend £6 and I get 150miles till its in the red but never took risk till it empty's

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:55 am 

Portugal
I used to track mine on fuelly. I've since deleted the bike from the database because I also use it for my cars, and it kept reminding me how much I miss the CBR.

But I averaged 2.1L/100km total, and best tank was 1.9L/100km.

That is respectibly 134 and 148 uk mpg, and one of my favourite things about the bike.