cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:45 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
i know this is a different engine possibly.... but do you know if the sprocket from this pack would work on the new honda grom 125cc bike?

do you think the grom could gain some speed since it red lines at 11000 or 12000 ish and am getting 7500rpms running 105kph on top gear.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:05 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I'm afraid I don't know much about the Grom at all :sad:

I saw some at the dealers but that's about the size of it :bike:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:32 am 
Performance Pack

United Kingdom
hello marvin i have just fiitted my performance did it my self with oil change took me 2 hours n lots of tea .
bike runs sweet, thank you veary much for the vid and quick post to the uk [4 days].
one more thing i did be for i put the pack on was to do a 1st gear top speed test run -17 mph- then i took the air box snorkel bit out and did the same test-25 mph , will be testing more when it stops rainning, i have also fitted a full ss exhaust from s p engineering-
£300 -www.spengineering.co.uk ,i will post more later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:06 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Awesome!!

You'll love it :top: One of the things I like best about it is that addresses all the weak spots in the bike and makes it much faster while improving the reliability :top: At the same time, you get to learn how to perform all the routine maintenance so it pretty much pays for itself, and then some :cool:

Don't forget, the new ignition means tune-ups are a thing of the past. At least, for probably the next 50,000 kilometers anyway :smile:

Combined with your new exhaust you should be laughing :top: I'm just putting the finishing touches on an entirely new replacement ECU for these bikes so it's been really busy over here - and exciting :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:04 pm 
Really looking forward to the ECU upgrade Marvin. A new ECU has the potential to be the ultimate upgrade for the bike. Thanks for being so dedicated and so driven toward optimizing the performance of the CBR125R!! :)

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:06 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
You're very welcome....and...guess what?

About 5 minutes ago the bike started up on the new ECU !!!! This is a massive milestone and the culmination of about 1.5 years of work on my part. Can't wait to nail down all the adjustments and then fine-tune and then....hopefully....catwalks!!! :laugh: :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:11 pm 
mmiller wrote:
You're very welcome....and...guess what?

About 5 minutes ago the bike started up on the new ECU !!!! This is a massive milestone and the culmination of about 1.5 years of work on my part. Can't wait to nail down all the adjustments and then fine-tune and then....hopefully....catwalks!!! :laugh: :cool:

As a CBR125R fan - this news compares favourably to the recent discovery of Franklin's Erebus near King William Island! Ha..ha.... It's monumental!

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:14 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Yup, this is a REALLY big one !!

Native dash functionality looks good. The tach works, the gages all work and the replacement dashboard (tablet PC) works.... :laugh:

When you see this stuff outlined in a logical fashion you'll freak out. BTW, I have a Ducati quickshifter assembly coming for retrofit so that I can implement the clutchless/wide open throttle shifting feature.

I guess I better order up the nitrous kits pretty quick too as I'm almost there.....

Hahahaha - this is going to be unreal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:42 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I just got the tune up to the point where I can probably ride the bike and start in on major/minor adjustments. I'm now in the process of finding where to permanently install the new CPU.

Today, during testing, I pulled it up to 12,500 RPM (accurate to within 1 RPM). This is the highest it's ever gone as the rev limiter in all of these bikes shuts it off at 11,200 RPM. So that's about 1,500 RPM higher then stock and it was sweet. At present it's 'rough-tuned' but this will get me going in a direction where I can nail down the driveability.

From that point, it's power baby, and more power :top: I can't wait to see what my camshaft does when it's no longer burdened by the stock ECU. Wireless functionality has been excellent although the range has been decreased by the case.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:29 am 
Performance Pack

United States of America
After reading this thread, this is very exciting. Ordering the performance pack soon then the ECU when available...any updates on the ECU?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next