cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:21 pm 

Norway
Hi!
I was wondering if it is beneficial to install a CBR150R injector on my CBR125R from 2012 as well as the performance pack and an aftermarket exhaust? I think the bike will run a bit lean when using an unbaffled exhaust system so why not install a bigger injector to make it run better?

Thanks.

Attachments:
13324387_1003975736318188_1058821084_o.jpg
13324387_1003975736318188_1058821084_o.jpg [ 96.94 KiB | Viewed 3945 times ]
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:19 am 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
Hi,

I can only answer two of the three questions asked.
The performance pack is a no-brainer and an absolute must!
I can only praise it, the bike accelerates so much better, gets to top speed faster and can run at top speed so much easier than before.
Going uphill or having a passenger on back you no longer have to shift to 5th gear in order to keep top speed but can actually use 6th gear.
My 14year old daughter likes to ride with me and it is so much more pleasant now.
What Marvin has created in the performance pack is brilliant and every owner should have it installed.

All the data I've ever seen on aftermarket exhausts/pipes on the CBR125R have made no difference (beside more noise) or have even decrease performance.
The same is actually true for some of the newest bikes out on the market. Manufactures, especially Honda, seem to have tuned their stock exhausts quite well lately. Not saying that some racing exhausts (illegal on the road) don't give you an extra couple of ponies on bigger bikes but I've not seen anything worthwhile for the CBR125R.
I believe Marvin even made some tests and explore the infamous snorkel mode to dispel the myths.

The question about using the injector of the 150 is something I've wondered about myself but have no answer if it actual helps or is worthwhile.

Hope this helps and there are some smarter people on the forum that might add their insight.

Regards,

Dan