cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

Post subject: Performance pack parts
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:53 am 

Australia
The performance pack comes with a new sprocket. It is a rear or front or both?
More imported will it change my speedo? This is very important for speed cameras?
And about the other parts!? What will change ? It is weight , more elec. power (amps) through the ignition ?
Damper on rear wheel make sence?

I keen for the performance pack and clutch kit but I need answers first? Please help
:bike:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:20 pm 

Canada
Hi Olli;

The 'Pack comes with a new front sprocket and it won't change your speedo as it's driven off the front wheel. There are tons of posts here about all the other benefits as well as reviews in the store from folks that have bought it.

Maybe Marvin will come in and mention some more of the benefits

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:46 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Hi Olli;

There's tons of info (including pictures) on the Performance Pack over here;
http://www.cbr125world.com/store/produc ... ucts_id/31

There's also a bunch of reviews in addition to the stuff scattered about this forum :top:

The Performance Pack comes with revised ignition which increases the acceleration rate, true heavy-duty clutch springs which eliminate clutch slip (a real problem on these bikes) and revised gearing to increase the acceleration rate further. During development of the 'Pack I ended up cleaning the clock off my buddy's 200. He could not keep up with the 125 at that point - despite his 75cc advantage.

Most folks that have had Ninja 250's and the CBR 250 (not the RR) find that it brings the bike more into line with those models. It's the least expensive and most comprehensive modifications that can be done to the bike that have the highest rate of return as they address all the weak links in the original design.

The Carbon Fiber clutch kit is really durable. It's still pretty easy to kill off the OE clutch even with the HD springs under severe beatings especially in hot climates like AUS. If you elect to go with both be sure to buy the Carbon Fiber clutch Kit and the Performance Pack less springs as this will save you money.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:17 am 

Australia
Have you got A GOOD chain as well to offer?
By the way my bike is CBR 125R 2009

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:36 am 

Canada
Sorry Olli, I don't sell chains. However, I saw a quote from Marvin, "If you get a new chain you want a DID X-Ring chain or O-Ring chain (in that order). Nothing else will do - trust me."

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:38 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
It's the truth, there's nothing worse then trying to save money on a cheap chain and then buying more of them because you didn't go for quality the first time around :top:

My original chain lasted 30,000 kilometres. The OE chain on these bikes (and all quality bikes) is a DID O-ring chain. The price difference between O-Ring and X-ring is minimal. They say X-ring is better and that it has less drag.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:33 am 

Australia
Thank guys I just got my package with all my stuff in it. I also got a email that some videos will be available for me. Any idea where I can find the link on the web side?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:22 am 

Canada
viewforum.php?f=16
viewforum.php?f=13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:56 am 

Australia
I cant help my self but the idea to twist the top end off of the ignition lead doesn't sound right . are you sure that will work . twisting of and just plug it in . no clemp no nothing!>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:12 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
It's glued in from the factory and it screws onto a threaded stud inside the coil (you can't see it until the wire is off). You need to gently break the seal on the cap at the coil (try not to damage the rubber cap) and then unscrew the wire by choking up on it (grab the wire in one hand very close to the coil and unscrew the coil with the other hand). The glue will break loose at some point and then it will unscrew.

I think there's more information on this in the support forum for the Performance Pack....

..and replacing the wire is important. It makes a noticeable difference in the performance and is included for a reason :top: