cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

Post subject: New Owner!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:53 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Hi Folks;

As some of you may know I've been getting a bit tired of dealing with customers lately. My apologies to anyone that I may have been a bit less then pleasant with :laugh: It's not always easy on my end chasing down parts suppliers, doing deliveries, and trying to make sure everything runs smoothly. There's not a lot of money in providing parts to 125 riders, I've always viewed this more as a service to the 125 community then anything else.

Recently the opportunity arose to sell the business to a friend for a nominal fee and that's exactly what happened :smile: So cbr125world.com is now under new ownership. I'm certain that this is the right thing to do as he has a lot more patience then I've had over the last while.

So, what's going to change? Not a whole lot. I've known Aaron (the new owner) for about 40 years (gasp!) so this is really more like I transferred something to him and in return he traded me his old 600.

He's already made a stock order to get the Performance Pack inventory level back up to snuff and he's already looking at doing something with the Carbon Fiber clutches and there may well be new products coming! :top:

I'll remain on in a 'freebie' capacity to handle tech support etc. So you need not fear that anything major has changed - it hasn't - other then that he'll handle sales and I'll just be in the background helping keep things smooth as time permits. I'm not getting out of the CBR 125 world (so to speak). I still have my 125 and don't plan on getting rid of it at all. I'm not done with it yet.... :laugh: :ohmy: :cool: :top:

Being freed up from the business side should make it better for customers and it will lighten my load so that I can focus on the more fun aspects of the 125 and now the 600. As many of you know, I've pretty much completed work on the ECU and have been using it exclusively for the last year. It's been tough doing everything (the business and the ECU and my 'normal' life) so this should free me up to return to my first love, motorcycling with just enough help with cbr125world so that everything re-balances itself :top:

I've known Aaron well for +40 years. You can be assured that I would not put something I've invested so much time and energy into the wrong hands. I also gave a lot of thought to the existing and upcoming customers. This factored heavily into the equation and it's why I was originally just going to shut it down. But, that would be a loss to the 125 community and to the up and coming 125 owners.

So, everything is back to normal, feel free to order up stuff at will, tech support will still be here and so will I. I just won't be dealing with customers, packing up the products or mailing them :top:

The great news for the community is that everything is back up and running and there's fresh blood with probably a fresh vision, or even if he just completes all the things I always wanted to do, but didn't have the time, it will be excellent for everyone :top:

So that's the news! All is well, questions or comments are welcome!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: New Owner!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:52 pm 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
This is great news!
The site goes on, Marvin can take a long deserved break for all of the selling demands and the community still gets access to all the great products, services and a superb forum/information.

Welcome Aaron, I wish you the best of success and looking forward to seeing what products come forth.

Marvin, without you my WeeBR would have been half as fun and probably changed for a CBR300 or ZZR250.
I'm glad you found a solution that pleases you, it would have been a shame to loose all this but I did understand and agree with your reasoning.

All the best to the both of you.

Dan :bike:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:58 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Thank you very much Dan - your kindness over the years has been greatly appreciated :top: I'm sure we'll hear from Aaron at some point - he's just still trying to figure out to use the site :laugh:

Seriously though, the site is actually quite complex and we need to sit down for a couple of hours so that he can get 'acclimated' to using it. Once he does, I'm sure he'll be a pro in no time.

I mentioned some of the issues I struggled with on the site with respect to non-customers on the forums etc and it would not surprise me if there were some changes on that front to make the forum more community-centric. He has a lot more patience for some of those things and now that I have a CBR 600 as well as the 125 who knows, maybe we need a forum and products for that too :cool:

I'm hoping he'll grow the site beyond the place where we brought it to :top:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
Marvin, congrats on the well deserved break. Aaron, congrats on your new ownership. Please keep this site and the great product alive!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
Dear Marvin, thanks for all the support and help last fall. I do wish you a great break and am glad that this site and the service continues. Welcome aboard Aaron. Thanks for accepting the challenge. I have a 2012 in Repsol colours. It's a great little bike. I have changed the sprocket, upgraded the clutch springs and the ignition (plug and wire). The videos were very helpful.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:54 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Thank you guys - much appreciated :top:

Good news, after a ton of work the site is now hosted down in the US. This changeover was done for the new owner (it used to be hosted on my server in the laundry room so whenever you were here - you were really there :laugh: ).

So far it looks like everything is working - if you find it's not, let me know by making a post here. I'm sure Aaron will be here shortly (I think he's just been waiting for me to get the site all ready and transferred over etc).

It would be useful for me to know if you got the email notification that this topic was replied to as well. That way I'll know the forum mail configuration is working correctly :top:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:57 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
I did get the email.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:01 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Thank you!