cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:20 pm 
Clutch Springs

Canada
Hi Marvin,

My 2007 red 125 is stock and has 5,2000kms on it at the hands of careful (it's in amazing condition) newbie riders. If I bought the performance pack how long would it be before I fried my clutch and needed the CF clutch? Is the cork clutch still available? I don't abuse the bike but I like to have fun on it. The few small niggles inherent to with the CF clutches may not be worth it for me. Thoughts?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:52 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Superclean09 wrote:
My 2007 red 125 is stock and has 5,2000kms on it at the hands of careful (it's in amazing condition) newbie riders. If I bought the performance pack how long would it be before I fried my clutch and needed the CF clutch? Is the cork clutch still available? I don't abuse the bike but I like to have fun on it. The few small niggles inherent to with the CF clutches may not be worth it for me. Thoughts?

I would start with the Performance Pack and just go from there. The increased clamping rates of the TrueHD springs will help with the OE clutch. As to how fast you can cook the clutch, it's completely dependent on how hard you ride it, how long it spends at high RPM, what oil you use, and how hot the ambient temperatures are. Most folks don't ride their bike like we do :smile:

Basically it's like this, if you want to extract every last horse from the bike, especially with other power adders, then you have to have the Carbon Fiber clutch, OR, if you need to replace the clutch anyway, then there's no point in not going directly to the Carbon Fiber clutch.

The cork clutch is not available anymore, there's no point in selling a clutch that, while good, is not as great as the Carbon Fiber clutch. It's been superseded by a better clutch.

I am looking into bringing in another special order of the Carbon Fiber clutches. It's a big hassle. I suggest that if you are interested in them in any way, buy one as soon as you see it listed whether you need it or not. I've been contacted by a few people who wanted one, waited too long, and now there's no stock. They were done up as a favor to me and I offered them up in the same light but they were never meant to be a long-term available item.

In short, if you see them listed (and in stock) then get one while you can because there's no guarantee on availability :top:

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...