cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:58 am 
Hi all

Forgive my ignorance but I have to ask how this works?! The clutch springs I get, ditto the spark plug, the 'race wire' less so....

Exactly how does this pack improve performance so dramatically? I ask as a genuinely interested person. I have a cbr125, current model. I would like to improve the performance somewhat but am reluctant to spend a lot as it would seem sensible to just get a bigger bike. That said, I like the handling and light weight of the cbr. The only other really lightweight slightly bigger bike on the uk market is the new ninja250sl. If the honda had a bit more speed then I would see it as a good alternative to this bike.

Ultimately a bigger bore kit is a tempting option, however price and reported poor reliability puts me off.

So what I'm asking in a roundabout way is, how is this not snake oil! (Sorry if that sounds a bit rude)

Thx, Ant

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:28 am 
Performance Pack

United States of America
Ant8519 wrote:
Hi all

Forgive my ignorance but I have to ask how this works?! The clutch springs I get, ditto the spark plug, the 'race wire' less so....

Exactly how does this pack improve performance so dramatically? I ask as a genuinely interested person. I have a cbr125, current model. I would like to improve the performance somewhat but am reluctant to spend a lot as it would seem sensible to just get a bigger bike. That said, I like the handling and light weight of the cbr. The only other really lightweight slightly bigger bike on the uk market is the new ninja250sl. If the honda had a bit more speed then I would see it as a good alternative to this bike.

Ultimately a bigger bore kit is a tempting option, however price and reported poor reliability puts me off.

So what I'm asking in a roundabout way is, how is this not snake oil! (Sorry if that sounds a bit rude)

Dont

Thx, Ant

Don't forget the sprocket as well, its an important part. Every part adds something and I just installed mine a couple months ago and it made a big difference. For the money, you can't do anything else to get this much overall improvement in the bike.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:51 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Cdubya4ya wrote:
Don't forget the sprocket as well, its an important part. Every part adds something and I just installed mine a couple months ago and it made a big difference. For the money, you can't do anything else to get this much overall improvement in the bike.

Well said - and thank you for saying it :top: Usually posts like this are from detractors who have no intention of buying anything... but want to spread doubt & disbelief to any/everyone who wants to buy one :rolleyes:

They're never grateful for support, for videos, for shipping at cost, for one-on-one assistance, for a really low price or, for that matter, high quality parts or a well thought-out kit. What they really want is to sow seeds of doubt & disbelief to others to keep them from realizing the same gains and improvements that you've seen in your bike, as so many others have.

You may be too 'new' to the 125 to know of this but on the other (former) cbr125 forum I was the first person to post up about the clutch slipping on stock bikes. I got nothing but flack for it from the 'old guard' who knew better :laugh: They swore, up and down, that the clutch does not slip :laugh: I then designed new springs, got the gains I designed them for, and then ONE person decided to risk the (at the time) $29.95 and buy them :ohmy: . The second he installed them, he found out, as so many have since, that all of sudden he was pulling the front wheel off the ground when power shifting into second and sometimes third. Now it's apparently 'common' knowledge :laugh:

This pattern went on with every new product release. I'd see the 'old guard' come against everything and the people who bought and tried them raved about them as they realized the gains for themselves. There is nothing better for increasing performance and addressing all the weak links in the stock bike then the Performance Pack and certainly not at that cheap price. They should cost more but I kept them at a low price point with the understanding that the vast majority of 125 owners have no spare money. Even if a person completely takes Performance out of the equation and views it just as a 'Maintenance Pack' it actually makes even more sense. It really doesn't matter how you look at it, with a stock bike it's the single best bang for the buck a person can do no matter how you view it.

But there's always going to be a small contingent of folks who insist the stock clutch doesn't slip, or that the wire does nothing or whatever comes to their mind. I didn't create the product for those folks, they will never buy it they will only criticize it, I created it for people who wanted to experience what it does, which is to re-design all the weak links in the stock bike and create a significant improvement in performance - at the same time.

It's always a bit annoying when you wake up in the morning and first thing, before coffee, you hear the words 'snake oil' but on the other hand, I've learned that with every advance you're going to get stuff like this :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:00 pm 
Performance Pack

United Kingdom
Ant, where in the UK are you based? I've recently bought it and fitted it and I'd like to have a ride and show you if your local to Manchester??

Alex

Alex Bolton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:19 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Hahaha- now THAT's what we need :top: Clean his clock Alex and show 'em what that snake oil can do :top: :laugh: :smile: :happy:

:bike:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Ant8519 wrote:

Check out the dyno charts on the Performance Pack in the store => http://www.cbr125world.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/31 It also goes into great length on the details etc :top:

You can also find several reviews from customers that bought the Performance Pack, and what their experiences were, including one from a former Ninja 250 owner in addition to the responses in this thread :cool:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5