cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Post subject: CBR150 Fuel Injector
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:17 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
Hi Im running a 2012 cbr125
with performance pack
K&N Air Filter
Scorpion Redpower Full Exhaust

Going to a 150 Honda Big Bore kit this winter

??? Will the CBR150 Fuel Injector wire and screw right in to my CBR125 Throttle Body

Need to know, thanks in Advance any knowlegeable person in this area of expertise would be appreciated,
from what I read results are outstanding?

Thanks John

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: CBR150 Fuel Injector
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:23 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Hi John;

The 150 injector is a plug 'n play replacement for the stock 125 unit. It does flow a bit more and will be the perfect match for your 150 kit. The only issue is the stock ECU but in this case it will be fine. When running at less then full throttle the stock ECU will use the 02 sensor and correct for proper AFR and this will take into account the larger displacement. When running at full throttle the stock ECU will go into closed loop and just run off a pre-configured table.

If you want to get really picky, it's not perfect but it's darn near and it's very easy.

I ran it for a bit before selling it to a 125 rider in the UK. He loved it. On yours it will be the icing on the cake and much, much smarter then buying a bore kit that comes with the quasi-controller hack for $750 or so.... :laugh:

If you do it this way you'll have an inexpensive bore kit along with very good fuelling for very little money.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm just going out to do some Nitrous test runs :laugh: (I just love the sound of that) :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:30 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
Nitrous oh wow!, that sounds a bit scary to me,hey another for the record books, I noticed some references to aftermarket fuel injectors, If Im not mistaken, the cbr250R injector and the 150R injector are the same,any Honda part numbers please for the 150 injector,thanks in advance ,John

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:05 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I'm quite certain the 250 injector is a different design and it's too big. At WOT you would have way too much fuel and the injector dead time will be very different. I would stick with the 150 injector. As for part number, I don't recall what it is. It's a grey-market item so it's a bit hard for me to look it up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:16 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
Ok thanks I appreciate all your help, youve been very helpful with the performance pack, and the other Inquiries thanks again,John