cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:03 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
heebie wrote:
Update on springs: having lived with them for a few days I can safely say they are a huge improvement over the stock springs!
Take off is greatly improved, acceleration improved.
Not tested out top speed yet but will when I get a chance.

Awesome news! I've been saying it for some time now, the stock clutch slips. That's all there is to it. You're picking up on that fact now that the clutch is now clamping properly :top: This bike is just too small to let any power leak out the window, besides, now your clutch will last longer :top:

I've found that at top speeds the shift from 5th to 6th is always somewhat problematic, especially if the clutch is heated up. I still take caution on that shift and try to back the throttle off completely before executing it.

With the Performance Pack (which has the clutch springs in it) I was able to pass my buddy on his 200 with no issues. He could not keep up. Prior to the Performance Pack he would readily beat me, after the Performance Pack...he sold his 200 (!!) :laugh:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:39 am 
Performance Pack

United Kingdom
It's just "more" rideable now,as long as you take a bit more care with the clutch,bit of snap if you slap it in when cornering!
Apart from the ht lead I have all the things in the performance pack,as well as a danmoto exhaust,pipercross air filter,snorkel mod,and I'm hitting 85 without pushing too much,waiting on a jet kit from 6sigma,running slightly lean,so should be able to get 90+ soon :smile:
Might need to put an extra couple of thimbles of petrol in :laugh:
In short,if you don't have the springs, get them! This would be the ideal starter for upgrades,forget exhaust/air filter first,do them later (I didn't know about the springs before I did other stuff) they will make a huge difference at a very low cost,then do the rest.
BIG thanks to Marvin for his hard work,keep it up,it's appreciated :top: :top:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:34 am 
Clutch Springs

Canada
Yeah, what you're describing is EXACTLY what I went through too!! I had a smile on my face that took a couple of days to come off of my face! So far, I can hit 100kph with lots of throttle to spare. I plan to hit the highway once the weather improves and really see what this little bike can do!

Let your fellow CRR125R riders in your "neck of the woods" know about the Performance Pack and let them also enjoy the benefits!!

The Performance Pack is, by FAR, the best upgrade for the CBR dollar for dollar!!

Oh, BTW, I found that my brakes were not performing as well as I suspected so I bleed them completely and the difference was like night and day! I'd suggest that if your brake fluid is more than a couple of years old, I'd bleed them asap. You will notice a "tighter" more responsive braking system!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 pm 
Performance Pack

United Kingdom
If you ride hard do it every 6 months,always use a fresh bottle of fluid too as brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air,this gets into your system and can cause problems,eg the water in the fluid boils which can damage brake lines and causes brake fade. Also braided lines make a big difference as they tend not to expand as much under pressure.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:24 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
heebie wrote:
Update on springs: having lived with them for a few days I can safely say they are a huge improvement over the stock springs!
Take off is greatly improved, acceleration improved.
Not tested out top speed yet but will when I get a chance.

This is great news and it's so nice to hear that the efforts I undertook making those things last yer have brought so much benefit to riders all over the world. Thanks Heebie :top:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:26 pm 
Performance Pack

United Kingdom
Credit where credits due. :top:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:37 am 
I installed Marvin's HD clutch springs for my CBR150R yesterday. They fit!!

Here are my findings.

1. The HD clutch springs are slightly smaller in diameter than the stock CBR150R clutch springs. The CBR150R stock clutch springs have a different part number than the stock CBR125R ones. However, they still slid in with no problem.

2. The HD springs are noticeably stronger than the stock springs when squeezing them between my thumb and forefinger.

3. How is the clutch feel? The clutch lever pull was a little stiffer – but not a lot. Actually – to me – if feels more like a real clutch now. Like my WR250R’s clutch. It feels firmer in a good way.

4. How is it out on the road? Right away the first thing I liked (now that I have the stock 15T back on my bike) is that I didn’t have to ride the clutch as much to get underway. From some reports - I was expecting an abrupt engagement. I didn't experience this at all. It felt really good. The engagement feels just right to me.

5. Did I power wheelie into 2nd gear? No. Not with the CBR150R. But then again - I no longer have the 14T installed on my bike either. Still, I really love the positive engagement of the clutch and transmission when shifting gears. There is a nice, firm engagement now when shifting. Hard to explain. Before – it kind of felt like a smooth, not-under-load GM automatic transmission when shifting gears. Seamless. Now – there is a nice positive engagement when shifting that helps the bike lunge forward a bit with each shift. It feels really tight now - like a new bike.

6. Were the clutch springs worth it? This one is easy. For the price – without question. The bike feels tighter and the immediacy of the shifts feel better now. The bike doesn’t feel as smooth transitioning into gears when shifting though. But I like firmer more positive shifts anyway. It just feels more engaging to ride - more precise.

The bottom line is that I definitely prefer the feel of the new HD springs over the old stock ones.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:40 pm 
Clutch Springs

Canada
Hello Rider,

I've install those HD srping into my girlfriend's CBR 125 R 2008 6000km last week end. Its was a noticable upgrade. I'm very happy how's bike feel right now. Before spring, we had to lean over gaz tank to reach 120km/h. Now we reach 130km/h way more easily and even get about 140 if we lean like we did. I've did a air box snorquel mod as well.

I've had question before purchasing and Marvin anwser them quickly (like 15 min).

I've got a small issue on installation that is not related to spring, I've email Marvin again (out of working hour) and he's response within 15min. 30 min later, few email and a new schemas Marvin sent me, everything was perfect and ride even better than its was.

Now its way more easy for my girlfriend to follow me with her CBR125R.

Can't wait to tweak this bike just a bit more.

Really appriciate dealing and learing about CBR 125 R with Marvin.
5 Star out of 5.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:02 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Thank you LockheadQc - you're one of the very few who have appreciated the after-sale support for the products we sell :top: In our mind, this adds a lot of value to the products because the rider does not have to pay a shop $$ to install them :top:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:10 pm 
Clutch Springs

Canada
Finally got some oil and did an oil change and put my clutch springs in tonight! All I can say is WOW! what a difference. The CBR125 feels like an actual motorcycle now. Before I installed Marvin's springs I was having really notchy shifting from 1st to 2nd unless I pre-weighted the shifter before pulling in the clutch. The other gears were not as bad but not nearly as good as they are now. The worst part of the bike with the old springs was revving to 7000 rpm in 1st pulling away from a traffic light and having the bike fall on its face once 2nd gear was engaged. I can shift at 4-5000rpm now and the bike just picks up the next gear and starts pulling.

Thank you Marvin for an excellent product and install video!