cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:27 am

Post subject: Carbon fibre clutch kit
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:23 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
Hi Marvin the magnificent bet you never heard that before.as you know I'm a happy performance pack buyer question do you sell the Carbon fibre clutch less the springs?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:14 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Normally no, but since you bought the pack I can probably put one together for you. The last time I sold them separately they were $94.95 + Shipping. You may also want to pick up the specialty wrench as I only have one left :ohmy: You'll also need a specialty socket but these can be bought from a number of places and often locally.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:50 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
Ok will do I'll add it to my cart Friday . You use the m5 metzelers front and rear same size even with the smaller front rim ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:23 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Johnny hair wrote:
Ok will do I'll add it to my cart Friday . You use the m5 metzelers front and rear same size even with the smaller front rim ?

Sounds good! Rather than make a new product it would be easier if you just bought the full kit & wrench and then I'll give you an immediate partial refund of the appropriate amount (if that's OK with you).

I do use the M5's front & rear in a 110/70/ZR17 with the rear rotating in the normal fashion. They are unreal tires although you will want to lower the bike in the forks to adjust the trail (I can get you the spec when you get the tires).

I'm currently on M7's but the extra belts in the M5's make them nothing short of unreal. They are not only the best performing tires I've ever seen, they'll save your life too (especially in the rain). Braking performance on the M5's is nothing short of astounding. Shoe-horning them on is not easy though :wacko:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:29 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
Ok I gave up on the site last night too tired so I changed my password and I'm back on line again .yes I'll accept the refund on the springs I'll order the carbon fibre clutch tomorrow .im going to keep the stock clutch it's still in good shape with the new springs I can hold 120 in sixth gear even uphill

Attachments:
File comment: Look familiar that's my baby
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 131.17 KiB | Viewed 9093 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:48 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Johnny hair wrote:
Ok I gave up on the site last night too tired so I changed my password and I'm back on line again .yes I'll accept the refund on the springs I'll order the carbon fibre clutch tomorrow .im going to keep the stock clutch it's still in good shape with the new springs I can hold 120 in sixth gear even uphill

Sorry about that, I have no idea why it was causing you grief (nothing showed up in the admin section with respect to your account as far as I could see). Glad to hear you're having great success with the Performance Pack. I remember so clearly a hill over here (Nanoose Hill) that's long and protracted and when I first got the bike I would be tucked in, in the right lane, holding 80K up that hill.

Everyone in the left lane was passing me as if I was standing still. Some folks, interested in seeing someone tucked in trying to go up the hill at 80 would slow down in the left lane right next to me and take the time to gawk at the bike (and the rider). It was embarrassing. Once the Performance Pack was fully developed I could fly up the hill at 120 if I kept my speed up from the bottom (no traffic in my way) or maintain at least 100 - all in the left lane - without holding up traffic :top:

Obviously I'm biased but dollar for dollar, you just can't beat the Performance Pack. It does so much for so little and it keeps paying dividends over the life of the bike. I've had several folks that owned Ninja 250's and the CBR 250 previously mention that the 'pack brings the bike much more in line with a 250. This makes good sense to me because when I was developing the Performance Pack I was racing/testing it against a 200cc bike. In the end there was nothing he could do to keep up :top:

I would also keep the stock clutch - it's a great clutch for what it was designed to do. But let's face it, these bikes are excellent to beat on, it does no damage to them at all, and they are a hell of a lot of fun when they are kept wound out at around 10,000 RPM. The Carbon Fiber clutch just adds a lot more longevity to the equation - especially in the heat. We were killing OE & cork-based clutches every 2 months prior to getting into the Carbon Fiber clutch.

Don't forget the wrench (if you want it) as I only have the one wrench left :ohmy: and I don't think there's any extra shipping for adding it in :top:

Even in stock trim these bikes sure look good :top: You got the right color too. The red ones really are faster!
:bike:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:43 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
Ya I call it "arrest me Italian red"ya I'll be adding the clutch wrench to that order the socket I'll pick up down here.I'm gonna miss that stock clutch I mean my daughter couldnt even stall the bike with it perfect to not overwhelm a novice I'll keep it for someone that might want to learn on it lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:52 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Johnny hair wrote:
Ya I call it "arrest me Italian red"ya I'll be adding the clutch wrench to that order the socket I'll pick up down here.I'm gonna miss that stock clutch I mean my daughter couldnt even stall the bike with it perfect to not overwhelm a novice I'll keep it for someone that might want to learn on it lol

I just got back from court - I didn't win outright but I got a 50% fine reduction so it wasn't all bad :biggrin: One more case to go and then I'm free and clear once more :laugh:

The Carbon Fiber clutch is not quite as graceful as the OE clutch, or a cork one, but on the flip side, it will last and when it gets really cookin hot it sticks all the more - which is what's required. I've often thought that if the bike had an oil cooler it would probably be easier on the clutch - by far.

Asking 1.3 liters of oil to lubricate the engine, transmission and clutch is asking a bit much, and all of that at 10 or 11,000 RPM in the heat of the summer to boot :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:25 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
Hi Marvin I've changed my mind I'll be taking the whole kit including the springs cause I won't have a problem selling them here in the big TO. I'll look for a nice hottie and use them as a conversation starter lol.and I'll take the clutch spanner as well .funds are a little low this week so I'll put the order in next week thx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:33 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Johnny hair wrote:
Hi Marvin I've changed my mind I'll be taking the whole kit including the springs cause I won't have a problem selling them here in the big TO. I'll look for a nice hottie and use them as a conversation starter lol.and I'll take the clutch spanner as well .funds are a little low this week so I'll put the order in next week thx

Brilliant!

The TrueHD Clutch Springs being used as a social lubricant - I like it :top: :top:

It's a great way to put some spring in your step :laugh:

You could also install them for them. I think you're on to something.... :smile: