cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:57 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Hi Folks!

We directly support everything we sell through this forum. The idea being that even the most 'ham-fisted' owner, with no real mechanical experience, can install our products or even perform their own repairs. We do this through easy to follow installation videos (for our products) coupled with one-on-one support, as needed, through this forum.

We're here to help you achieve success with your CBR125r wherever, and whenever, we can. We want you to succeed.

Once you buy products from us you will be entitled to access the appropriate installation videos in the Customer Support forums on this site. That's the place to ask questions and get support, and we'll happily provide it every step of the way if needed. Until you are a customer, these forums are not visible. Once you are a customer, you'll have access to them :top:

All you need to do is create an account at the cbr125world Store, buy something, and create an account on these forums. We'll do the rest and you're good to go :top:

If you've bought products from somewhere else, and need support for them we suggest you contact the company you bought them from and ask them for support :top:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:05 am 
Performance Pack

United States of America
I created an account as it said to view installation videos for the peformance kit but still says i cant access it. I was wanting to see the how video before buying to make sure I could perform what was needed. I dont understand why you have to purchase something before being allowed to see if its something Im even cabable of doing!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:20 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Cdubya4ya wrote:
I created an account as it said to view installation videos for the peformance kit but still says i cant access it. I was wanting to see the how video before buying to make sure I could perform what was needed. I dont understand why you have to purchase something before being allowed to see if its something Im even cabable of doing!!!

mmiller wrote:
Once you buy products from us you will be entitled to access the appropriate installation videos in the Customer Support forums on this site. That's the place to ask questions and get support, and we'll happily provide it every step of the way if needed. Until you are a customer, these forums are not visible. Once you are a customer, you'll have access to them :top:

All you need to do is create an account at the cbr125world Store, buy something, and create an account on these forums. We'll do the rest and you're good to go :top:

If you've bought products from somewhere else, and need support for them we suggest you contact the company you bought them from and ask them for support :top:

The reason for this policy is because we get inundated with requests from people who want to see the videos so that they can try and buy bits and pieces from other places and use our videos to install them. Literally. They want us to support products they bought elsewhere - for free - and feel that this is perfectly OK. I mean, literally, they think this is acceptable behavior and see nothing wrong with it.

Earlier this year we ran into a rider who bought clutch springs from us. During the process he told us all about the Power Commander he just bought, the $500 exhaust etc etc. This guy was spending money on his bike left right and center. I suggested to him to upgrade to the Performance Pack (instead of paying shipping twice) and he declined. He had no problems buying high dollar items all over the place - except from us. OK, that's his prerogative but....

...just a few days later he came in asking to see the videos for installing the Performance Pack (that he refused to buy). He told me outright that he bought some of the parts elsewhere and wanted us to support his installation of them. At that point I realized that something needed to be done about this recurring issue. It had gotten out of hand....

What a LOT of people have been doing is buying only the clutch springs from us, because they cannot buy them anywhere else (we manufacture them), and then buying bits and pieces in dribs and drabs elsewhere in an attempt to make up their own quasi 'Performance Pack'.

I ran into this very same rider on another site, he had bought the wrong wire, broken bolts on his sprocket, and was actively looking for help - from everyone except the companies that he had bought them from....yet he felt that it was only right for me to support (for free) all the products he bought from other companies. I'm not kidding, and I run into this all the time :rolleyes:

This is very much like the person who goes into a store, buys a dress, takes it home and wears it to an event, and then wants their money back.

The net result of this experience was that I raised the price of the clutch springs (something I didn't want to do) in an effort to reduce the amount of transactions from people like that :smile: It worked. Sales of the clutch springs have dropped. But, on the other side of the coin, there's been a lot less frivolous enquiries and that is what I was trying to avoid. By offering clutch springs for the ridiculously low price of $29.95 I had opened the door to this kind of bahavior.

Unfortunately, people like that make it difficult for everyone. I never wanted to restrict access to the videos but there's no way that I'm going to let people use me for their own selfish gains and that is exactly what they will do. Every day I get emails from people asking for help installing the plug wire (or whatever item) that they didn't buy from us. They think this is perfectly acceptable behavior. They see nothing wrong with it. We'll buy this piece over here, that piece over there and then we'll go see Marvin and get him to show us how to install it! :laugh:

Your specific request is valid, to see the videos to determine if you are able to install it. Unfortunately, because this is the Internet, I have no way to differentiate between people who want to steal from me and people who are legit customers.

The fact of the matter is, and this always amazes me, that people are able to walk out of the store with a $220 bill for the entire Performance Pack along with with a complete clutch kit and gasket. It's ridiculously cheap especially when you consider the net result of these improvements & the videos and support that are included in every sale. There's no other bike in the world where you can do that.

Yet, there is something about the CBR 125 market where even buying a Performance Pack is a really, really big stretch for many riders....

Anyway, these are just some of things I have to contend with. It would be different if I were earning a living by selling tons of product, it would make it easier to overlook the contingent of people doing these things, but the fact is, this is really much more of a charity then anything else. It takes work and money to keep inventory on these items and to offer them up for sale. The minute something is sold, it takes more work to package it and wait in line at the Post Office. Then there's the after care support that comes with every sale.

The last thing I need to contend with is small minded people trying to shave every last cent of profit on a $149.95 sale. It's not personal, your request is actually valid, but I have no way of determining whether the person on the other end is legit or just trying to do the same old same old. I see it all the time. The actions of the few have a detrimental affect on the legitimate customers.

In a perfect world people would respect the work we do and we would never have to restrict access to the videos. They would respect the time it took to make them and the effort it takes to support our inexpensive products along with the costs of making them. Many do, but a significant amount don't and now you've been caught in the middle :sad:

Unfortunately, I end up looking like the bad guy due to the actions of a few small minded owners who think the world owes them a ride. The general public just can't seem to get their head around why I would restrict access to the videos. They think they are entitled to my work product for free. This is not the case. I wish they would grow up and understand the reasoning behind it. They don't. When they call up their employers and tell them that they are going to work for free from now on, I'll make the videos public :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:14 pm 
Performance Pack

United States of America
Thanks Marvin, I totally understand, I use to own my own Retail store and people would use me as a showroom to look at the products, ask questions, then go order them ON Line. Some would even bring the item they ordered online back to me cause I carried the product. Ridiculous, what some people try, thanks for your explanation, I completely understand, Chris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:29 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Thank you Chris - I appreciate your understanding and it's clear that you get it. After all, you paid the rent for the retail space, you paid for the inventory, you paid for the marketing, you took the time to educate/inform your client and then....they go and try and buy it elsewhere leaving you with time and expense that was neither appreciated nor rewarded. I can't picture anything more insulting then someone trying to return the product back to you that they bought somewhere else!

Believe it or not, it's refreshing for me to hear from someone that gets it. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:52 pm 
Clutch Springs

Canada
I bought your springs and signup for the forum but I still can't see video's ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:57 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Canadaek wrote:
I bought your springs and signup for the forum but I still can't see video's ?

I don't seem to have any record of that email address used in a sale? When did you buy them?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:34 am 
Clutch Springs

Canada
About 2 weeks ago I'm from brockville Ontario if that helps

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:44 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
There we go - fixed :smile:

If you wait too long between the sale and registering on the forums I won't catch it. The 'promotions' have to be done manually - it's not automatic.

You should be good to go now :top:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:36 pm 
Clutch Springs

Canada
I still don't see them ?