cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

Post subject: A new member's queries
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:44 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
I have just ordered the `improved' clutch springs. I trust the video connection demonstrating installation will be illuminating. I am not a mechanical genius (I am a writer/editor)! It is for that reason I did not also order the new clutch. I do not need to employ a mechanic to install it. I just hope the improved clamping performance does not ruin my present clutch. So much of this site appears to praise the performance pack, but it does not show up in the shop - a disappointment. I have come full circle in my motorcycling life. My first bike was a BSA Bantam 125 cc when I was at College in the UK. I eventually progressed to an Ariel Leader. I have also owned and enjoyed a Honda CB 360 and later a Suzuki 850, but in recent years I abandoned biking for cars. However at age 72, I've recently acquired a 2009 CBR 125 and I'm loving it. A little more acceleration would be nice and improvement in mid range would be more than welcome. I almost resent the inevitable change down when ascending even a modest incline, but the bike's nimble and surefooted performance, makes me feel like I'm seventeen again. I am looking forward to installing more clamping power in the clutch. As the previous owner of my CBR seemed very casual about maintenance, I am rigorously attending to the maintenance tasks, I'm unsure he ever undertook.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace