cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:12 pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:24 pm 
Clutch Springs

Canada
cmjdjm1 wrote:
Sounds like I've kinda lucked out here in Ontario. Although expensive ($425), they have a very easy timeframe and limitations aren't as bad as elsewhere it seems. Carrying a passenger and night riding was really my only needs. I wanted to be able to take the bike to work when I'm on afternoons and coming home at 3am, and I'd like to occasionally pick up my son from school. After all, whats cooler than being picked up by your dad on a motorcycle? Especially one as cool looking as a CBR125r!! He's the perfect size too, almost nine years old and eighty pounds. I bought him his own helmet which he's in love with already, even though I've been on afternoons and haven't been able to take him for a ride yet. Got him the HJC Katzilla helmet luckily before they discontinued it at canadasmotorcycle.com. In case you can't tell, thats a massive grin behind the chin guard lol.

Yup, he looks like one HAPPY camper!!

Now all you need to do is get him some good riding gear and he'll feel liek he's doing the driving (and being protected at the same time)!!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:56 pm 
Clutch Springs

Canada
Yeppers, thats my next purchase. I at least want to get him a good jacket and gloves, but it seems hard as hell to find a good jacket with armour for a kid that doesnt cost a fortune. He grows like a damned weed! He'll be nine in August and he's already just shy of five feet tall. The doctors predict he'll be around 6'7" by the time he's done growing. Lucky kid! I'm only 6' tall, but the guys on my wife's side of the family are all 6'6" or so. Anyways, since he's growing so fast I'm reluctant to spend $200 on a jacket that he'll only be able to wear a couple months before he outgrows it. Gloves wont be too bad thankfully. We're going to Michigan tomorrow for groceries, and there's a huge store over there called Bright's Motorsports that sells bikes, jackets and accessories, so I think I'll check there. Hopefully I can keep it under a hundred bucks. This kid is the world to me, so he either gets some good gear, or he doesn't get to go on the bike.