cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:57 pm 

United Kingdom
Hello from England! Ive been reading loads of topics in this forum and find all your information really great Marvin, I'm very interested in purchasing your performance package but I'm not too keen to sacrifice top speed for acceleration, I understand this will happen if I drop a tooth on the sprocket. I'm new to bikes, this is my second cbr. I was wondering other than your carbon fibre clutch, what else I can do to make her run faster, Ive had her at a top speed of 75mph which is 120kph obviously tucked! I am planning to get a new air filter, new spark plug, and possibly a slip on and power commander. Whats the best spark plug to go for, I've noticed there are quite a range of them and will changing make much of a difference to top speed? Also has anyone had any experience in reducing the weight, I was thinking about getting a lithium battery and taking off the left pillion foot rest. I was thinking of trying to cut the whole pillion seat off and fibreglass and epoxy up the hole and install a new tail tidy. I know my post is a bit random, I really just want to get maybe 10 or 15mph more out of her any tips would be greatly appreciated. Do you still sell the heavy duty clutch? I was looking on your products page but all the links come up as product not found...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:30 pm 

United Kingdom
Marvin isn't around these parts anymore I'm afraid Aaron is now your man for all things for sale. I would be interested in a n answer too since the sum total of my chat with Marvin was get the performance pack and clutch the rest of my plan I'm going to have to manifest on my own unfortunately. Welcome to the forum though :bike: :bike:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:16 pm 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
Hello Sandy and Dean,
I'd like to give you my experience with the performance pack and by that I mean the whole pack (sprocket, clutch and springs, wires etc). It made a huge difference on my 2011, not only did it accelerate harder it also was able to go faster since the 6th gear now is able to pull much harder. On the older model (like the 2007) the difference is even greater in 6th gear because of the gearing and aerodynamics etc.
I was easily able to reach 125 to 130km/h even two up with my teenager. Alone the most I saw was 138km/h.
It also was able to handle headwinds and slight rises so much better.
Of course if you plan on reducing the bikes weight that will help. My thought on an after market exhaust was that it was too expensive for the minimal gains.
You can read up on all the Marvin did with bigger injectors and custom cam and efi controller etc but all that came with great cost.
In my opinion the performance pack with possibly reducing some weight is about as much you can reasonably spend after that it might be time to trade up to a CBR300 or more.
Just my experience as a satisfied user and customer of Marvin's pack.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:39 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
Before you go buying a new plug, you should look into side gapping your stock plug. I did on my 2014, and it made a noticeable difference.