cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 am

Post subject: hi from blighty...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:47 am 
Performance Pack

United Kingdom
thought i would share a couple of pictures of my bike, looking so forward to getting my kit from you guys, the bike was a stolen recovered and it had all the fairings but in different colours (color for the usa) and been chucked down the roads a couple of times by the captain choas who nicked it and was trying to get away from the rozzers(police).
I put a dan moto exsaust on it the baffle they supplied was not enough to quiet it down enough so i made one up from a washing machine drum and and kept drilling the holes out till i was happy with the sound.
put a avon roadrunner back tyre on which keeps a smile going while i scrub in the tyre and slowly getting nearer to the edge.
got a gecko kevlar clutch and plates toput on with your springs, put a simota air filter on, a lot cheaper than K&N( i agree with marvin i dont think you can beat the OEM filter) but thought i would give this other filter a go.
The fairings i covered in vinyl wrap, lots of praticing and burnt fingers, but paid a bit more for quality vinyl and it is worth the it as you can take it off and try again.
I use castrol fully syn 10/30 oil and wow what a buzz it is using it,somuch smoother.
i got a slinky set of seals for the forks so will do that as well while putting the clutch togeather.
you guys are doing a fantasic job thanks for pointing me in the right direction and every thing you do makes perfect sense.
leon
i put the pictures on but the after shot went upside down the picture i put on was the right way...

Attachments:
File comment: after
20170409_165105.jpg
20170409_165105.jpg [ 3.66 MiB | Viewed 5775 times ]
File comment: before
20170217_112253.jpg
20170217_112253.jpg [ 4.95 MiB | Viewed 5776 times ]
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: hi from blighty...
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:19 am 
Performance Pack

United Kingdom
Hi again
put new chain on plus your kit and it's perfect now, I will put a scannned template of the gasket for right side, be easier to buy gasket paper stick it in a printer and print it, i use hole punch for the bolt holes after i have cut outer edge i customise a hole punch so i can see where the hole is. its here if anybody wrecks there old one...

Attachments:
File comment: i buy my gasket paper from amazon they do a good range...
honda cbr125 gasket,r cover 11393-KGH-901.jpg
honda cbr125 gasket,r cover 11393-KGH-901.jpg [ 597.85 KiB | Viewed 5695 times ]