cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:54 am 

Canada
hi guys i own a cbr 125. Dont know much about bike. I rode it for almost a year and didnt ride for a year till now. So I figured the battery was dead. I tried push starting it at first at to no avail at all. My friend let me burrow his charger and charge it for 1 hour. After that I was able to start it. I rode it around the block for about 10-15 mins. After i turn it off I tried starting it again just to double check if itlll start. And it did. After a few days, less than a week I tried starting it again, and it wont start at all. So lately everytime I try to start it, it never starts at all, but I can push start it now. I wasnt quite sure if its the battery or the starter at all. As soon as I put the key to ON all the instruments are OK. I did jump start it on car few times before and it start no problem. Made me thought it wasnt the starter either. I really hope you guys can help me, coz i really wanted to buy the performance pack and try it soon. thx a bunch...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:20 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
You need a new battery. It's shorted internally and draining over time.

The starting and charging system on these bikes are very modern and reliable. On the starter front they will wear out the starter brushes. When this happens the starter will not turn.

The most common cause of no-start conditions on any motorcyle is the battery. You can take it out and have it tested, usually for free, by most any shop. That way you know for certain which is the only way to diagnose issues :top:

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:23 pm 

Canada
Sounds like the battery all right. If it was the starter, it wouldn't work when you boosted it with cables. It's a tiny battery and won't take a lot to kill it