cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

Post subject: Speedometer issue?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:29 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
Been running performance pack a while now and loving it!... but, Was going 90 uphill today and got pulled over by an RCMP. She said I was going 113 and eventually let me off with a warning thankfully, (still have a clean driving record). I've read that the speedometer reads inflated but am wondering if the cable would need changing or somthing? i just installed 2 brand new Irc NR-73 tires yesterday.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: Speedometer issue?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:01 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
You got to be careful with the Performance Pack :laugh: That's got to be about the best testimony I've heard yet, you got pulled over for going too fast UP HILL :top:

I'm wondering if there was something up with the radar - maybe they got the wrong vehicle or you weren't really watching your speed as the speedometer on these bikes is optimistic, not pessimistic and it's high by at least 10 KPH.

If you have any of those radar speed signs on the side of the highway you can test against those. They are accurate. The police told me (after clocking me at 120 in a 90 zone) that they use the same radar as their guns.

Do look into it, I think you will be surprised and let me know what you find. It's too bad you got new tires as you could have gone to 110's which will help the speedo be a bit more accurate, and, if you get the right ones, will dramatically improve the handling of the bike with some minor adjustments.

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...

Post subject: Re: Speedometer issue?
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:45 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
That's awesome!