cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Post subject: New CBR125R coming?!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:44 am 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
Hi all,

Just saw this on Visordown.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/new-honda-cbr125r-coming/30827.html

Looks cool, though I'm uncertain Honda Canada will bring it here.

We can dream though :wub:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: New CBR125R coming?!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:48 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
My guess would be, if it's real, it would end up here. Otherwise they would be doing two different model runs of the same bike and that would not make sense.

On the other hand, I've learned to be leery about anything that comes from Thailand, even rumours :laugh:

What I really don't understand though, is why they don't just change the 125 over to the 150 - this would mean they would be making just one bike/engine combination and that would mean more economies of scale with respect to production. They would instantly double (or triple, quadruple etc) production of the 150cc engine lowering the cost to manufacture it.

It's never made sense to me to have two different models of the same bike with just an engine difference between them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:28 am 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
Coming from Switzerland and having gone through the ''system'' there you must first learn on a 125 before being able to upgrade.
In Switzerland currently the rules are a bit complicated like all things/rules Swiss :wink:
Some EU countries have a 125cc/15hp or 11kw limit on beginners is my understanding.
So for the European market they would have to make 125cc I guess.
It be cool to get the new CBR here or some of the other 125's like the KTM Duke125 or Yamaha R125/MT125 but that will never happen.
In Canada besides Quebec where we have licenses plates in 4 categories: up to 125cc, up to 400cc, 400cc and above, and finally the 400cc and above high risk, I'm not even sure (besides insurance) if there is an advantage to ride a 125?
I just love mine for all the fun it brings!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:19 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
That must be the reason behind it.

To me it would make more sense to have the smallest CC rating upped to 200 cc for the entry level. Forcing someone into 125 is a bit harsh. Can you imagine if you were 300 pounds and wanted to ride a motorcycle? :laugh: Either way, that has to be the reason for there being a 125 and a 150 that are essentially identical in production :top: