cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:43 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:02 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I'd be pretty surprised if it came from the dealer missing all the lower body panels - sounds like a pretty lame excuse so you might want to really keep your eyes open for other issues.

With respect to getting replacements, we can supply any OE parts for the bike. When you 've purchased the bike, and want to order parts, let me know and we'll see what we can come up with for you :top:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:33 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
They are pretty robust. The usual things such as trying to determine if it's straight or been in an accident. If it's bent then I'd say pass on it as with any bike. You didn't mention the year or the mileage so it's a bit of guessing game there.

The fairing thing is just plain weird and that sets off alarm bells right away, unless he bought it used from a dealer. That's about the only way you'll ever get a bike missing big parts of it :laugh:

Parts are inexpensive (on the whole) and they are virtually bullet-proof. If it's clean and straight but has minor issues it's not like you can't fix them to bring it up to whatever standard you would like.

Being your in the US you won't be able to get parts for it from Honda there as it will be viewed as a grey market bike. This means you need a parts connection up here. Given your close proximity should mean reasonable shipping etc.

I think, as a concept, it's intriguing. Just make sure no-one swipes it if you get it and deck it out so it's perfect. Rarity means it could be attractive to lots of people and it's almost small enough to fit in your pocket :laugh:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:54 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
It sounds good. If it's $2000 USD, that's a bit high. On the other hand, it is already registered. But, it's missing a couple hundred in body parts. It would be worth checking the tires and expecting to lash the valves.

Good Luck! :top:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:14 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Ah....my guess would be in the neighborhood of $250 CDN - probably less. I think each side of the cowl is about $89 and then there's the insert (air dam) wich is probably not much and 6 screws. So it's not a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:03 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Congrats on your purchase!

If you want the fairing pieces I can put them together for you (I sell all OE Honda parts for all their bikes) but I will need the year and the color code to determine exactly what you need. Bear in mind though, all OE parts are special order, non-returnable and have to be paid in advance (this is because our returns policy with our supplier is basically a no-returns policy).

Shipping on the order would have to be calculated later as I don't know what the box sizes are :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:38 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
OK, it's a holiday up here so my supplier is closed but I can get an accurate price tomorrow - if that's what you're after?

Bear in mind, it's a bit of work (getting OE stuff) so if it's all up in the air then you're better off waiting until you're ready to buy :top:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:47 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
It would be pretty darn close to what I mentioned earlier. You have to keep in mind though, there is no real margin on the OE parts and there is a lot of work to get them so I tend to view it as more of a favor then anything else. To give you an idea;

I have to look up all the numbers myself
I then call into the suppler and get pricing and availabilty
Assuming the customer wants them, I have to create an invoice
I then call the supplier back, order them
They call me when they come in
I either pick them up (1.25 hour drive) or have them couriered down
I then have to (likely) re-pack them so they are 'shipping efficient'
I then have to drive down to the post office, wait in line, and mail them out.

Because the margin on the 125 parts is so small, it's also very small for my supplier. So they tend to look at me from the viewpoint of they are doing me a favor. In all truth, they probably wish I would go away. Even though I spend thousands with them, it amounts to such a small amount of profit that really, they would be better off not dealing with me :laugh:

My supplier does a LOT of business. In any one phone call for parts for any other bike, they will make more money in that one phone call then they do from me on a monthly basis - no kidding.

But, it's cool that you have your bike coming! :top: It's been a long time in the making but good things come to those that wait - like this red 125 :laugh:

:bike:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:20 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Absolutely! and thanks for your understanding :top:

In a case like yours it's a little more work but it can be done and the shipping, if done correctly, would not be a lot :top:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:42 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I don't know - you should ask them :smile:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]