cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

Post subject: CBR 600 RR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:16 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Over the past 6 or 8 months I've been helping a buddy with his CBR 600 RR. He bought it in the winter and then dropped it here for me to use :top:

I didn't get a lot of riding in on it, just one good freeway blast, but we did get some minor work done on it. The other day he got a flat in the rear tire and so I walked him over fixing it on the phone. He did well and I happened to be in town just as he was finishing up and he asked me if I wanted to check his work. I looked at the chain tension and it was way, way too tight. I reminded him that I said 30mm and he said that's exactly how he set it.....

I checked it out closer and the chain was fried. Rotate it around and on the other side it had the correct 30mm. Rotate the other side of the chain down at it had no tension...

Anyway, I told him what to get for a chain (a DID 525 X-Ring) and mentioned that we might want to change the sprockets at the same time. He had always complained that the bike didn't do wheelies or catwalks so....I sat down and came up with some creative re-gearing while we were at it :laugh:

In the end, I got him -2 on the front and +3 on the rear :laugh: :blink: :wacko: :laugh: While we were waiting for the sprockets to show the big question was just how much harder this thing was going to pull....

Anyway, we got 'er done and went for a ride. We switched bikes and I nailed it, man, did it pull. Stretch your arms right out. 257 in no time flat and then...not much more! :laugh:

But I did get in some really high speed corners and top speed runs and then eventually pulled over at a rest stop to wait for buddy to catch up. As soon as he came in he said, 'why does it smell like burning rubber?' :blush:

I think this was the first time that bike had been put on it's side at speed (like, +200K) :laugh: and had it's tires warmed up to the point they became sticky :top:

Attachments:
IMG015.jpg
IMG015.jpg [ 183.15 KiB | Viewed 3275 times ]
IMG014.jpg
IMG014.jpg [ 165.77 KiB | Viewed 3275 times ]

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace