cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Post subject: Rearsets or brackets
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:39 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
I would like to change the location of the rearsets on my bike. I would like them just a little bit higher and back. My brother has a cbr 600 f4 and I like the riding position. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to get and where to get them (something that wont break the bank). I have seen some brackets online, but they only seem to have for the 250r and up. if I purchase the ones for the cbr 250r 2011 would those fit on the 125r? thanks for any advise you guys can give me.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: Rearsets or brackets
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Alwazereal wrote:
I would like to change the location of the rearsets on my bike. I would like them just a little bit higher and back. My brother has a cbr 600 f4 and I like the riding position. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to get and where to get them (something that wont break the bank). I have seen some brackets online, but they only seem to have for the 250r and up. if I purchase the ones for the cbr 250r 2011 would those fit on the 125r? thanks for any advise you guys can give me.

You need rearsets designed for the 125. There tend to be two kinds, the ones that require cutting the lower cowl and putting a hole in it for the shift rod, and ones that don't require that 'feature'. So you want the latter. You can distinguish between the two by the number of shift rods included with the rearset. If it has two shift rods this means it will not require cutting the lower cowl.

The only rearsets that are worth buying come from faddybike in Thailand. Normally parts from Thailand are crap and if you shop there enough you will find this out :blink: When you go with rearsets you will need one of these as well => http://www.cbr125world.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/36 as the stock rear brake light switch typically won't work with them. I would expect the total price to be around $300 CAD or so.

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...