cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

Post subject: Instrument LED bulbs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:00 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
I have burnt out bulb on my tach on 2007 CBR 125. The bulb is a T-10 style 1.7 watt. None of the auto part stores keep have them. The Honda dealer can get one if I order it. Rather than ordering another stock bulb, I am contemplating switching to LED bulbs for the instrument lights (speedo, tach, temp, fuel). There is a plethora of LED lights of various colours on e-Bay that fit (supposedly) a T-10 style socket. In most cases the bulbs are not the same size as the OE bulbs, so I want to be sure they fit. I would like something brighter than the OE bulbs, but not blindingly bright either.

If anyone has replaced their OE bulbs on their gauges with LED bulbs, could you share what bulbs you installed and the results ?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: Instrument LED bulbs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:26 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
I never got a reply to this post so I'll update it. I ended up buying the cheapest LED bulbs I could find on eBay that would fit a T-10 socket. I bought five red ones for $0.99 for all 5, shipping included! I used 4 of them to replace the incandescent bulbs on each gauge and I have a spare left. Looks great, brighter than the incandescents, and the red looks cool as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:45 am 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
Hey, sounds like it looks cool.
Do you have pix to show?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:00 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
I'm travelling for a couple of weeks. Will post a pic when I return.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:00 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I've never put LED's in the dash (other then a gear position indicator back in the day) but as an aside, I would suggest when replacing one bulb - replace them all. They seem to burn out at a similar rate and as I recall they were pretty cheap.

PS>What do you think of my new avatar? It's me on the 600 :tongue: :laugh: :rolleyes: Aaron is behind me somewhere on his new Triumph :bike:

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:16 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
Looks like the thread has been hijacked with all kinds of garbage. I suggest an administrator delete the above posts.

Anyhow, DBeck, you asked for a picture of the red LED's in the dash. Here it is. Pic was taken at night in the dark. If I had to do it again (and I might, as it was very cheap), I would buy bulbs with higher lumen output than these.

Paul

Attachments:
IMG_0141[1].JPG
IMG_0141[1].JPG [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 6242 times ]