cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

Post subject: 2005 CBR125 Fairing UK ?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:07 pm 
Does anybody know where I can get a new front fairing for a 2005 cbr125 in the UK?
I have searched on ebay but can only find genuine Honda parts.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: New fairing
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:52 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
All the ones I'm seeing on there are aftermarket (not OEM). They seem to be $500-$600 when you include shipping. With those ones (aftermarket from China) quality can be spotty so it's really important to be able to discern which ones are well-made and which are not.

Three of the folks I ride with both sets for their CBR 600 RR's and they were really happy and the bikes looked sharp. Quality on those specific units was very good :top:

But at that price, I wonder if OEM might be less money? Over here they are not that bad but I can't get anything for the older models as they were not sold here (grey market bikes).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:46 am 
It seems that genuine parts are cheaper than pattern parts (well bodywork anyway)
I spent hours searching for parts and the few that I could find were over £300 when the international delivery was added, plus as MMiller has said the quality can be of varying quality. At least OEM should fit properly and will be colour matched too.
Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:29 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Exactly. Where the aftermarket fairings (copies) come into play is when the OEM fairings are too much money. I don't believe this is the case with the CBR125r. It probably is the case with most other bikes or else the aftermarket would not be making them or selling them....

Also, when you buy fairings from Honda for the 125r they come in the proper colors with decals all installed. In short, they are ready to install no painting or work required. You just have to make sure you order the right ones that match the color scheme on your bike.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:28 am 
If I could drop on a set of panels cheap enough I was going to have a go at spraying them myself, maybe something a little different.............. :top:
I might as well stick with the standard colours if I am going to replace any panels with OEM ones.
Unless I find some that are cheap enough to play with :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:56 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
There's nothing like tight new ones with no broken tabs :top: You'll like them :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:07 am 
There was a broken tab on one of the panels when I took them off to clean underneath, I have tried Q-Bond to repair it. Not sure yet how it will stand up yet, but I have heard some good reports about it, I will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:14 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I too was looking at buying new fairings (or at least some of them) due to broken tabs and bosses that were stripped. Then I thought about buying a new bike (in some ways, depending on what's needed - that can be cheaper, at least over here) and then I realized I could use some West Systems epoxy on it along with fiberglass mat as needed.

It worked out really well. They can be repaired especially if you can do some 'glass work :top: Mine are back to being tight.