cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 am

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:15 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
Started noticing a clicking sound coming from rear tire other day lubing chain had mechanic look at chain a sprockets he said they both look fine.
There are what looked to be metal shavings on the sprocket side of back rim could this be a bearing that's gone or the Sprocket Carrier bearing?
It was end of day so they did not have a lot of time to look at it.
Going to pull rear tire off and inspect any ideas ?and how hard are these to change myself do they need to be pressed in or anything like car bearings?
Thanks

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
That's what it was my axel bolt is also a bit bent bought bike used.
Anyone no part # for carrier bearing and new axel bolt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:59 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Wow - I have no idea how you would bend the axle other then doing something really harsh like jumping the bike or having a 300 pound pillion and then hitting a giant pothole. I really wonder if that's the end of your issues though. The axle doesn't turn in operation, so even if it's bent, you would think that your chain tension would remain the same...

As for part numbers etc, just call your Honda dealer and order them up (let them look up the numbers for you - that's what they get paid for). Parts for the 125 are very inexpensive.... pretty much the cheapest in the world :top:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:20 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
The guy that owned the bike was 6'2 250 lbs so not sure if that could do it i don't think he did much in terms of maintenance so hope this will fix it.
The guy at dealer recommend taking a link out of chain since I changed the sprocket to give more room for adjusting it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:23 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I think I mentioned that before, it's not required but you can do that. If you have to do that, then your chain is shot, which I think is what you're going to find regardless (at least, according to your other posts).

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:49 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
Ok starting to get very annoyed with this bike now replaced carrier bearing with new one now the same thing is happening again I have no clue what is causing this :angry:
Put everything back together properly big spacer on left side little one on right side with caliper dust cover over new bearing installed when I did it now it started pushing cover out again and its destroying the new bearing torqued to 44LBS axel bolt chain slack 30mm
I am out of ideas please help ???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:06 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I'd suggest either posting up some good quality pictures (so I can see what you're talking about) or take it to a good shop?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 am 
Performance Pack

Canada
I have no idea what to do next I would rather not take to shop if I don't have to hopefully this is something simple I just missed.
It has bent the new axle bolt I replaced again as well.
I am not sure if that's how the dampeners are to be placed as I just copied how they had them when the changed tire off one back rim to the other back rim.
This is my wife's bike and I don't think its safe to ride so it out of commission till I can get this fixed.

Attachments:
File comment: new dampeners installed
DSC01240.JPG
DSC01240.JPG [ 2.41 MiB | Viewed 6039 times ]
File comment: new bearing with not even 200kms on it wrecked now
DSC01238.JPG
DSC01238.JPG [ 2.71 MiB | Viewed 6039 times ]
File comment: first bearing it destroyed
DSC01236.JPG
DSC01236.JPG [ 1.73 MiB | Viewed 6039 times ]
File comment: mounted
DSC01235.JPG
DSC01235.JPG [ 882.08 KiB | Viewed 6039 times ]
File comment: dust cover pulling away
DSC01232.JPG
DSC01232.JPG [ 2.18 MiB | Viewed 6039 times ]
DSC01230.JPG
DSC01230.JPG [ 2.4 MiB | Viewed 6039 times ]
DSC01228.JPG
DSC01228.JPG [ 2.43 MiB | Viewed 6039 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:13 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Wow - you've got some serious issue going on in there. It's very hard to determine what's going on from the picture but it actually looks like the distance collar is off-center. In all truth, I've never seen a recurring issue with any rear wheel before because, if they are assembled correctly, then they're pretty bullet-proof. My guess is you're missing parts or have parts in the wrong place.

To some extent, it really doesn't matter - what you've pictured there is some type of catastrophic failure. The way forward would be to strip the entire rear wheel apart (bearings, distance collar - everything) and then clean it all thoroughly with solvent and then examine the rim and bearing seats for damage to the aluminum. If there is no serious damage to either the hub or the rim, and they are able to re-used then..

You will need to replace all the bearings, seals, distance collar etc and assemble it again paying very close attention to the order of the parts and how they go together.

I have to be honest with you though - I really think you should take it to a shop and get someone experienced to look at it. As I recall, you've been struggling with this issue (in one symptom or another, such as chain tension) for some time.

Alternately, and this may well be an option, get a rear wheel assembly (complete) from the wreckers.

Attached is an excerpt from the service manual with an exploded diagram of the rear wheel assembly.

Attachments:
rear wheel assembly.xps [269.57 KiB]
Downloaded 392 times

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:51 pm 
Performance Pack

Canada
OK so the problem had nothing to do with my workman ship lol.
When I first got this bike was having issues with tire loosing air pressure so had to take it to Honda dealer "Hully gully" they replaced the valve stem said that would fix it but did not.
Then they had to put rim and tire into dunk tank to find leak so the sprocket was removed for this.
The day I went into pick up the tire it was not assembled only rotor was on it no sprocket or dampers in rim as they just finished testing to make sure no leak.
I watched the guy put it back together in front of me and the collar was never put in and from that point on has been missing and causing this issue you would assume a place like that would no what they where doing I had no clue it was missing anything cause that how it was assembled back together by them.
They figured this out today when I took tire and rim in today so they are paying for another axle bolt and new bearing and collar that they lost in the first place.
Finally this will hopefully be the end of this and can just ride it. :bike:

Attachments:
File comment: Missing part
sleeverear-wheel_medium42303KBA900-01_bb40.jpg
sleeverear-wheel_medium42303KBA900-01_bb40.jpg [ 10.29 KiB | Viewed 6038 times ]