cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

Post subject: slight whining noise
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:15 am 
Clutch Springs

United Kingdom
not sure if its on the gearbox selector side or clutch basket area and it makes a whining slight noise but when it gets hot noise goes away

also if you movie bike slightly forward sound goes then it you move it goes back to whining its been doing this a while and I changed oil and lifter bearing still same

also wont select first gear if stood still you either 1. after rev or 2. push abit forward then select the gear or 3. it does select it its like 50/50

its not got worse since I owned in feb this year but was hoping of a fix but I don't want a garage to strip it down to find out what it is and end up with a big bill as it not worth doing if it runs as it is

I can do a video sometime this week if that will help no what the noise could me and I do a example of moving the bike

also when you pull the clutch in you can hear the noise fade then release its back

I also found out its had a cat c on the bike in 2011 so im wondering if its damaged something and been like that since

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: slight whining noise
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:15 am 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
I can't say but what comes to mind would be the lifter bearing and clutch drag. Since it sounds like you changed the lifter bearing that won't be it. With respect to going into gear and having to move the bike forward, this is pretty normal operation for bikes. Nothing to worry about.

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...

Post subject: Re: slight whining noise
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:16 am 
Clutch Springs

United Kingdom
Ok cheers just after keep my ears open if any sound change lol but dont think there be any problem as I done about 8000 miles with no change