cbr125 forum

...because every day is MotoGP day when you own a CBR 125r...
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:08 pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:44 am 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
Hello, Happy Easter and Passover.
After a long cold winter, I finally got the WeeBR out of the garage and ready to ride.
I'm very excited too since just before putting the bike away I installed the performance pack.
My only test with it was on the way home from the mechanic who helped install the pieces.
All I can say to this point, wooboy did she pull harder than stock.
Ok, to the point of my post, I noticed on my home in the fall, that my mechanic friend somehow adjusted my rear brake differently. I now have to push down very hard on the pedal before it bites, before it a started to bite earlier.
Prepping the bike yesterday I noticed with this change, that the rear brake light also comes on very late.
I've looked on how to adjust the rear break and/or height of the pedal as well as the sensitivity for the light but have not found much other than general info.
Thanks for your help!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on FriendFeedShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: rear brake ajustment
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:50 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Hi Daniel - Good to hear from you :top:
Happy Easter too!

Adjusting the rear brake lever is one of the first things I did on my bike - I like it pretty firm :top:
Attached is an excerpt from the service manual in Microsoft .XPS format that shows you how to adjust both :top:
If you can't read it let me know and I'll turn it into a picture but all Microsoft O/S's can read them.

DBeck wrote:
I'm very excited too since just before putting the bike away I installed the performance pack.
My only test with it was on the way home from the mechanic who helped install the pieces.
All I can say to this point, wooboy did she pull harder than stock.

This is awesome news and I'm certain you'll be happy with the 'pack :biggrin:

Just as a side note, we actually have hydraulic brake pressure switches in the store. They never need adjustment. Normally they are required when installing rear sets. They aren't required but they are kind of neat :bike:

PS> If you really want 'as new' brake performance, be sure to fully flush front and rear brakes with brand new/fresh DOT 4 Brake Fluid. This will make your brakes work as if you installed braided stainless steel brake lines. It makes a HUGE difference over year-old fluid :top:

Attachments:
Rear Brake Lever & Switch Adjustment.xps [436.5 KiB]
Downloaded 485 times

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:13 am 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
Thank you for the information Marvin.

I did take the bike for a nice but short ride yesterday afternoon, while it was nice sunny and warm (12*C) today it's cold and snowing.
Before heading out I saw the plastic nut and fiddled around with it and got the sensor setup correctly.
After my ride I'm no longer sure I want to change the pedal position, but now I can if I need to :biggrin: .

My first impression on the Performance Pack is that it pulls a lot harder and going uphill it is noticeably stronger too.
I even had to be careful in traffic because before I'd wring out the neck when taking off now I have to go easy not to rear-end the 4 wheeled cager in front :ohmy:

The other big difference is the smoothness of the ride, especially at low speed, no more jerkiness.
I can't comment on top speed as of yet, I'll post a more detail review once I've done a long ride.
The clutch lever now needs a firm grip too, no more 1 finger clutching.

Do you have any idea of how much the speedo is off with the chances made?

Thanks again for all your help and support.
More feedback to come as the season evolves.

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:40 pm 
Racing ECU (!!)

Canada
Hi Dan;

Yup, you should find that the torque is increased by about 11% (IIRC) and that will readily be seen at how fast you leave the lights and also how well you can pass people. In addition, 6th gear will actually become a gear that you will be able to use :top:

With respect to the speedometer, there should be no change, it should be as inaccurate as always (reading about 10 KPH high at times) but if you mean you how much top speed will you loose, it's very little, I think about 5 KPH ? But the thing is, the Performance Pack should shave about 4.5 seconds (!!!!) in your zero to top speed time so the acceleration rate is improved by a massive amount. This means passing will become a reality, speeding out of corners becomes possible, and the rate at which you can reach your top speed makes the entire bike more usable :top:

The trade-off is that you'll be at about 10,500 RPM at around 120 KPH (?), typically 1,000 RPM higher then with a stock bike. On the other hand, you can actually reach 120 KPH and you can also still pass people at that speed :top:

But the engine in the bike can easily handle high RPM all day long. The real rev limit is set by Honda at 11,000 RPM (the tach lies) and you can sit there all day everyday with no issue. With our custom ECU we routinely buzz the bike up past 13,000 RPM (actual) and have no issues but we expect to see some the higher we go.

Over here the freeway speed limit is 120 KPH and we spent many summers on the freeway with just the Performance Pack pushing traffic out of the fast lane :top:

There's a better place to put your review though, you might want to consider putting it in the store (http://www.cbr125world.com/store/produc ... ucts_id/31) as this is where people will see it.

This forum is hidden and only for people who have bought the product - still, I love to hear about your experiences with the 'pack as it's great to hear people getting what they paid for, and then some :top: :top:

Over here we have almost no snow (Vancouver Island, Canada) but the temperatures seem to be similar. In the winter I often ride in 5c and in the 'better' weather early in the year it's usually about 10-12c. Once the summer comes in it's usually 23c and up, sometimes as high as 35c in some towns :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:52 am 
Performance Pack

Switzerland
Thanks again for all the helpful information.
I'll write up a more detailed review on the Performance Pack a little later this spring and be sure to post in the correct place.

Dan